Football great Diego Maradona has been named the latest football ambassador for luxury watchmaker Hublot Genéve. Hublot Genéve, known for Euro-centric football inspired timepieces such as the Red Devil Big Bang (I & II) and the Spain Euro Big Bang, has finally made its way out of Europe and into Latin America with the introduction of the Big Bang Maradona watch.
The combination of these two iconic brands seems like a perfect fit. Diego, a noted watch enthusiast, has been a Hublot customer prior to partnering up with them on the watch bearing his name. Judging by Hublot’s previous partnerships with the Swiss Football Association, EURO 2008, Spanish Football Federation and Manchester United, it is safe to say that they appreciate the synergy between their brand and some of the game’s leading names. So it is no surprise that Diego was included in Hublot’s growing line of Big Bang football timepieces.
Interesting factoids about the Big Bang Maradona:
- Limited edition (numbered from 01/250 to 250/250)
- Adjustable strap made of Alligator and rubber w/ blue stitching
- Microblasted black ceramic bezel with six H-shaped titanium screws
- Black dial w/ appliqués in Argentine blue and luminescent white
- The dial features the iconic “#10” Diego wore as a player for the Argentine National Team at the 3 o’clock position and a rectangular date window with the Golden Boy’s signature above it at the 6 o’clock position
- Mechanical 45 min counter movement, automatic winding
- 44 mm case with engraved image of Diego, with his arms raised in victory on the back
For a closer look and more detailed information, check out Maradona’s Hublot watch here.